Whip up a batch of houmous – and jazz it up with your favourite flavours
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, plus extra to taste
- 2 tbsp fat-free natural Greek yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of smoked paprika or cayenne pepper (optional)
Put the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice and yogurt into a food processor and pulse until fairly smooth. Season, then add more lemon juice to taste and sprinkle with smoked paprika or cayenne pepper if you want a bit of extra spice.
Keep in the fridge for up to 3 days and serve with your favourite crudités or crispbreads.