The Slimming World on Referral service includes all pre-scheme promotion and set up, patient referral packs, regular audits, staff training and administrative costs covered free of charge – all easily accessed by your referring staff.
- Once funding has been secured for your local Slimming World on Referral scheme, it takes just one call to obtain referral forms from the Slimming World on Referral team at Slimming World Head Office.
- Referral forms are supplied to cover the joining fee and an initial 12 weeks’ group attendance.
- Information provided by Slimming World to you and your patients includes details of where to access a local Slimming World group and what to expect at the group.
- Slimming World provides you with regular audits of patient attendance and weight loss/BMI reduction.
- Continuation vouchers are available for a further 12 weeks for those patients who you decide would benefit from continued referral.
- Our local managers are available to accompany your representatives on visits to participating GP surgeries and or to GP/nurse meetings to talk to the staff who will be involved in recruiting patients to the scheme. Supporting literature about the referral scheme is provided. Our managers are available to participate in a launch event if required.
- The referral team at head office also support this training and provide on going support for referrers where needed
- We are able to provide personalised posters or other publicity materials to display in GP surgeries or other locations.
- Our PR and Publicity Team is available to promote the referral scheme if this is required
Since 2005, our partnership with Slimming World has enabled us to offer support to almost 20,000 local people in Bristol to start their weight loss journey and lead healthier lives. The Slimming World programme is an evidence-based approach which addresses dietary intake, physical activity levels and behaviour change, and this has really supported our work on the obesity strategy in Bristol.
Wendy Parker, Public Health Principal, Bristol City Council