Our real-life groups are reopening their doors, and we’ve got a brand-new Slimming World recipe book to celebrate being back together again.
Slimming World’s Fast & Free is packed with over 60 recipes that showcase the filling (and slimming!) power of Free Foods – no weighing, measuring or counting required. Plus, each dish can be on the table in 30 minutes or less, so you can tuck into a delicious meal and still have plenty of time to enjoy your evening.
Because we’re so excited to see you all in person again, we’re offering everyone the chance to get a FREE copy of the new Slimming World recipe book – and there’s still time to bag yours! Here’s how to get your hands on a copy…
New and existing Slimming World group members who commit to a Countdown before 19th June 2021 will receive a copy of Slimming World’s Fast & Free – plus 12 weeks for the price of 10 and half-price membership.
To give you a taste of what to expect from our new Slimming World recipe book, we’re sharing one of the mouth-watering recipes you’ll find inside – chow kow steak.
We’ve given this Chinese takeaway dish a slimming twist to create a fab fakeaway that’s packed with flavour. You’ll enjoy tender steak strips smothered in a tangy sauce and served on a bed of crunchy pak choi – and it’ll be on the table in just 15 minutes. And while it’s quick to make, our sizzling stir-fry is definitely no flash in the pan – once you get a taste, you’ll want to make it again and again.
Slimming World chow kow steak
ready in 15 minutes
What you need:
low-calorie cooking spray
4 large pak choi heads, stalks and leaves separated
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and shredded
2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
750g lean sirloin steak, visible fat removed, cut into cubes
sliced red chilli, to serve (optional)
For the sauce:
1 roasted red pepper in brine from a jar, drained
1 tsp tomato purée
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp dark soy sauce or tamari
1 tbsp oyster sauce
What you do:
1. First, put all the sauce ingredients, plus 5 tbsp cold water, in your food processor and blitz to a smooth sauce. Set aside.
2. Spray a non-stick wok or large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the pak choi stalks, garlic, ginger and bouillon powder and stir-fry for 3 minutes, then add the pak choi leaves and cook for 1 minute or until just tender. Tip into a shallow serving dish and cover to keep warm. Wipe the pan with kitchen paper.
3. Spray the pan with more low-calorie cooking spray, add the steak and stir-fry for 4 minutes, then transfer to a bowl.
4. Add the sauce to the pan and bring to a rapid simmer. Add the steak to the sauce and heat through, tossing to coat well. Spoon the meat and sauce into the middle of the pak choi dish and scatter over the sliced chilli, if using. Serve hot.
Chow kow steak recipe video
Where can you buy Slimming World recipe books?
Fast & Free is just one of the Slimming World recipe books in our gorgeous collection, available exclusively to members in their local groups or the online member shop. Whether you’re looking for the perfect pasta dish, a slimming-friendly pud or a selection of your favourite comfort foods, you’ll find a Slimming World recipe book to satisfy your taste buds and help you achieve your dream weight loss. Here are some of the others you’ll find in the Slimming World bookshop:
- Comfort Zone
- Free Food A to Z
- Passion for Pasta (and Noodles!)
- Take 5, Second Helpings
MORE ON THE BLOG:
When you join Slimming World, you’ll also get access to over 1,600 slimming-friendly recipes, our fantastic collection of recipe books and a handy Food Search tool to help you achieve weight loss success without ever going hungry.