Now the summer holidays are over, lots of us have returned to juggling the school run with commuting to the office or working from home. If that means easy, tasty meals are back on your menu, our cheeseburger pasta bake is just what you need! Rich beef, juicy tomatoes and filling pasta covered with cheese, it’s all the flavours of a cheeseburger turned into a comforting pasta dish. And, like every recipe in the Take Five, Second Helpings book, this cheeseburger pasta bake uses just five ingredients.
SLIMMING WORLD OFFER: Join Slimming World between 18 Oct and 7 Nov 2020 and get a FREE recipe book! Details at the bottom of this post.
This twist on fast-food flavours will give you a taste of Take Five, Second Helpings, which is packed with five-ingredient inspiration to save you money and time while keeping your weight loss firing. What’s great about this cheeseburger pasta recipe – like many of the recipes you’ll find in the book – is that it uses everyday ingredients like mince, pasta and tomatoes, so it’s perfect if you’ve not had time to pop to the shops.
Here’s how to serve up a satisfying cheeseburger pasta bake that’ll have the rest of the family rushing to the dinner table.
Slimming World cheeseburger pasta bake
3 Syns per serving
ready in 40 minutes
What you need:
low-calorie cooking spray
2 large onions, roughly chopped
400g dried pasta shapes, such as fusilli or spirali
500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
6 large tomatoes, sliced
80g reduced-fat Cheddar, coarsely grated
What you do:
1. Spray a medium-size saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-low heat. Add the onions, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, but drain and return to the pan a couple of minutes before the end of the recommended cooking time.
3. Uncover the onions and increase the heat to high. Add the beef and fry for 5 minutes or until browned, breaking up any lumps. Drain off any liquid and season lightly.
4. Preheat your grill to high.
5. Stir the beef into the pasta. Spoon half of the mixture into a shallow baking dish, cover with half of the tomatoes and season lightly. Grill for 5-7 minutes.
6. Sprinkle over half of the cheese and top with the remaining pasta, beef and tomatoes. Grill for 5 minutes, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese and grill for 2 minutes or until golden. Divide between 4 plates to serve.
Slimming World members can buy their copy of Take Five, Second Helpings in group. Slimming World Online members will find it in the e-shop.
Join Slimming World between 18 Oct and 7 Nov 2020 and get a FREE recipe book!
Join a Slimming World group: All new and existing Slimming World members who commit to a 12-week group membership (Countdown or Countdown extension) will receive 12 weeks for the price of 10 and a FREE copy of the new Comfort Zone recipe book.
Join Slimming World Online: The FREE book offer is also available to Slimming World Online members. This includes new members who join with our Gold membership package and existing members who resubscribe for three, six or 12 months.