Now the summer holidays are over, lots of us have returned to juggling the school run with commuting to the office or working from home. If that means easy, tasty meals are back on your menu, our cheeseburger pasta bake is just what you need! Rich beef, juicy tomatoes and filling pasta covered with cheese, it’s all the flavours of a cheeseburger turned into a comforting pasta dish. And, like every recipe in the brand-new Slimming World recipe book, this cheeseburger pasta bake uses just five ingredients.
Find out how you can get a FREE copy of our new Take Five, Second Helpings cookbook at the bottom of this post!
This twist on fast-food flavours will give you a taste of our new cookbook, which is packed with five-ingredient inspiration to save you money and time while keeping your weight loss firing. What’s great about this cheeseburger pasta recipe – like many of the recipes you’ll find in the book – is that it uses everyday ingredients like mince, pasta and tomatoes, so it’s perfect if you’ve not had time to pop to the shops.
Here’s how to serve up a satisfying cheeseburger pasta bake that’ll have the rest of the family rushing to the dinner table.
Slimming World cheeseburger pasta bake
3 Syns per serving
ready in 40 minutes
What you need:
low-calorie cooking spray
2 large onions, roughly chopped
400g dried pasta shapes, such as fusilli or spirali
500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
6 large tomatoes, sliced
80g reduced-fat Cheddar, coarsely grated
What you do:
1. Spray a medium-size saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-low heat. Add the onions, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, but drain and return to the pan a couple of minutes before the end of the recommended cooking time.
3. Uncover the onions and increase the heat to high. Add the beef and fry for 5 minutes or until browned, breaking up any lumps. Drain off any liquid and season lightly.
4. Preheat your grill to high.
5. Stir the beef into the pasta. Spoon half of the mixture into a shallow baking dish, cover with half of the tomatoes and season lightly. Grill for 5-7 minutes.
6. Sprinkle over half of the cheese and top with the remaining pasta, beef and tomatoes. Grill for 5 minutes, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese and grill for 2 minutes or until golden. Divide between 4 plates to serve.
Get a FREE copy of our new Take Five, Second Helpings cookbook – plus six weeks for the price of five – with our extra-special Countdown offer
Cheeseburger pasta bake is one of the delicious dishes in Slimming World’s Take Five, Second Helpings cookbook. Every recipe uses just five ingredients and comes with simple cooking instructions and handy ingredients photos to make food prep easy-peasy. With more than 60 dishes inside, from jerk prawns with coconut rice to Sichuan baked chicken, there really is something for everyone.
If that sounds like your idea of food heaven, we’ve got a treat for you:
To celebrate our real-life groups reopening, we’re giving you a FREE copy of the recipe book – plus six weeks for the price of five – when you commit to a six-week Countdown or Countdown extension between 30th August and 10th October 2020.
Your local Slimming World Consultant will be happy to tell you more, and book your place in group or book you in for a new-member session.
Got your new recipe book in the bag? Send us your slimming-friendly food photos (or share on social using #theSlimmingWorldblog) and let us know which filling feasts you’re enjoying from the new Take Five, Second Helpings cookbook.
If you’re looking for more meals that are ready in a flash, Slimming World groups are a hive of recipe-swapping action – and they’re starting to reopen, where guidance and venues allow. You can also join our friendly community at Slimming World Online, where you’ll get access to over 1,400 slimming-friendly recipes over on the member website and app. Here’s everything you need to know about joining Slimming World.