If you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert that’s also slimming-friendly, we’ve got just the thing for you! With a heavenly mix of tangy raspberries and rich chocolate, these tasty custards are the perfect treat to top off your day.
Even better, these indulgent-tasting treats fit perfectly into the Slimming World plan! It’s just one of the light and lush dessert recipes in the March/April 2020 issue of Slimming World Magazine (on sale now!) – so there’s no chance of running short of recipe ideas that are both slimming-friendly and sweet!
If we’ve got your sweet tooth tingling, you can whip up a batch in no time! Here’s the recipe…
Slimming World chocolate and raspberry custards
4½ Syns per serving
Ready in 15 minutes, plus chilling
What you need:
1 level tbsp cocoa powder, reserving a large pinch to decorate
2 level tbsp cornflour
3 level tbsp sweetener granules 5 large egg yolks
400ml skimmed milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
20g plain chocolate (at least 70% cocoa), roughly chopped
250g fresh raspberries, reserving some to decorate
What you do:
1. Put the cocoa, cornflour and sweetener in a large mixing bowl, then stir in the egg yolks using a fork until smooth.
2. Using a hand whisk, slowly whisk in the milk, then pour the mixture into a small non-stick saucepan. Place over a medium heat and stir continuously until thickened (it should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon).
3. Reduce the heat to low, then add the vanilla extract and chocolate, and stir until the chocolate has melted.
4. Tip the raspberries into 4 x 125ml dessert glasses or ramekins and divide over the chocolate custard. Cover loosely with cling film. Leave to cool, then chill for 2 hours, or until set.
5. Remove the cling film and decorate the custards with the remaining raspberries. Evenly dust with the reserved cocoa and serve.
Top tip: frozen raspberries taste just as nice as fresh, and they’ll last longer
More slimming-friendly puds to try
Whether you’re a chocolate lover or fancy something fruity and refreshing, we’ve got lots of lightened up desserts to satisfy your sweet-tooth, including:
Which Slimming World dessert will you try first? We’d love to share your foodie pics on the blog or on social (#theSlimmingWorldblog)