When you’re on a weight loss journey, finding a healthy pizza recipe can feel like a mighty challenge, so we thought it was time to share this piece of pizza perfection. Get ready to grab a slice of Slimming World’s pizza omelette.
Is it a pizza? Is it an omelette? Whatever you want to call it, this slimming-friendly spin on the takeaway favourite delivers all the pizza flavours you love and fits perfectly into the Slimming World eating plan. By swapping the dough for a giant omelette and piling it high with your favourite toppings (we’ve picked leeks, chard, tomatoes, spring onions and chilli!) you can confidently enjoy a pizza the action and get a cracking result on the scales.
And if you really do fancy a ‘proper’ pizza, go right ahead and enjoy one! No food is banned at Slimming World and you’ll find plenty of dough-based pizza recipes on our members-only website.
Slimming World pizza omelette
ready in 45 minutes
What you need:
600g chard or mature spinach
low-calorie cooking spray
1 large leek, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
12 large eggs
120g fat-free natural cottage cheese
small pack fresh mint, chopped
small pack fresh basil, chopped
small pack fresh coriander, chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
4 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 medium-hot chilli (red or green), deseeded and sliced
What you do:
1. Strip the leaves from the stalks of the chard or spinach and finely shred the leaves (save the stalks, as you can enjoy them cooked with another meal.)
2. Spray a large ovenproof non-stick frying pan (use one you can put a lid on, as you’ll need to cover it) with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the leek, garlic, 3 tbsp water and as much of the chard or spinach as you can fit in. Cover and cook until tender, stirring in another handful of chard or spinach every now and then. Tip into a colander and press out as much liquid as possible.
3. Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl, season lightly and beat well. Stir in the chard or spinach, cottage cheese and all the herbs.
4. Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
5. Wipe the pan, spray with more low-calorie cooking spray and return to a medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and cook gently for 10 minutes or until the mixture is partially set. Scatter over the tomatoes, spring onions and chilli. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and firm all the way through.
6. Release the omelette with a spatula, turn out onto a large plate or serving board and cut into wedges. Serve hot with a big, crunchy salad.
How will you top your pizza omelette?
The great thing about this recipe is that, once you’ve mastered making your omelette, you can try whatever ingredients you fancy. Slimming World member Lovs, who’s lost 5st 3lbs, whipped up this veg-packed version for her recent pizza night – and we’d love to see your tasty topping ideas, too!
Lovs says: “I really love pizza omelettes! I’ve got mushrooms, peppers, sweetcorn and spinach with my Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice of cheese. Having this with salad and a leftover jacket potato I made into wedges.”
Claire tops her pizza omelette with cooked chicken slices, plus sliced peppers, onions, tomatoes and spring onions, to make a quick and easy lunchtime meal.
Join Slimming World
Whether you’re in the mood for pizza, a classic curry or a sizzling stir-fry, your takeaway favourites are always on the menu at Slimming World. When you join your local group or our digital-only service, Slimming World Online, you’ll unlock a full collection of fakeaway feasts, including chicken tikka masala, fish and chips and crispy chilli beef. And that’s on top of all the recipe-swapping action you’ll find in groups and our online community!