If you’re looking to shake up your Food Optimising menu this autumn, Slimming World Magazine is a great place to find mealtime inspiration. Each issue features brand-new recipes and tempting twists on traditional dishes – all fully taste-tested and approved by Slimming World’s top taste testers (it’s a tough job but someone’s got to do it!)
Sample the Slimming World difference with this pork pasta bolognese recipe from the Nov/Dec 2021 issue (on sale this week, mag fans)… Bolognese is one of our most popular recipes and swapping beef for lean pork mince (choose 5% fat or less to make it a Free Food) gives this Food Optimising favourite a fantastic new flavour. Watch the video below to discover just how quick and easy it is to put together…
If you’d like to unlock the full package of Slimming World support, you can find our latest special offers here.
MORE FOR MEMBERS: Would you love more pasta ideas? We’ve got 10 filling pasta recipes on the members-only website and app – including a tempting lasagne and a Free macaroni cheese.
Pork pasta bolognese
1 Syn per serving
ready in 55 minutes
What you need:
500g lean pork mince (5% fat or less)
low-calorie cooking spray
1 onion, finely chopped
2 medium carrots, finely diced
2 celery sticks, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp tomato purée
500ml hot chicken stock
400g can chopped tomatoes
400g dried pasta shapes (we used fusilloni)
20g fresh Parmesan, grated
half small pack fresh basil, leaves picked
What you do:
1. Place a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Once it’s hot, add the mince, then dry-fry it for 4-5 minutes, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until it’s browned all over. Drain in a sieve set over a bowl.
2. Wipe out the pan, then spray it with low-calorie cooking spray and place it over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened but not coloured.
3. Add the garlic and tomato purée and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the mince, stock and tomatoes and season to taste. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce is reduced and thickened.
4. When the sauce has 10 minutes of cooking time left, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Once it’s cooked, add a ladleful of the pasta cooking water to the sauce. Drain the pasta, tip it into the sauce and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, so the pasta is well coated. Spoon the pasta into 4 bowls and sprinkle over the Parmesan. Top with the basil leaves and serve hot.
The latest issue of Slimming World Magazine is out now
Pork pasta bolognese is just one of the delicious recipes you’ll find in the Nov/Dec 2021 issue. You can get your hands on a copy in Slimming World groups now, where you’ll pay our best price of just £1.95/€2.90. The magazine is also available from newsagents and supermarkets for £3.45 until 15th December 2021.
Packed with tried-and-trusted recipes, expert advice and inspiring weight loss stories, Slimming World Magazine is a great way to soak up extra slimming support in between your weekly groups. Here are a few highlights from the latest issue…
- 7-day eating plan: A week’s worth of breakfasts, lunches and dinners to get your winter weight loss off to a flying start.
- The big freeze: Teatime treats like Tex-Mex jackfruit chilli pie and beef and ale casserole – perfect to batch-cook ahead of busy days.
- The lowdown on… Body Magic: Discover the science behind Slimming World’s easy-to-start activity programme.
- Food News: Our pick of the latest slimming-friendly buys to hit the supermarkets.
- On a winning streak: How rugby fan Ryan Money kicked his unhealthy eating habits into touch and scored an impressive 17st 1lb weight loss!
MORE FOR MEMBERS: You can get a brand-new 7-day meal plan every week on the exclusive member website and app. Each mouth-watering menu features seven Food Optimised breakfasts, lunches and dinners, to help take the ‘meh’ out of meal planning.