If you’re looking for a slimming-friendly way to satisfy your chocolate cravings, we’ve got a sweet surprise for you. These Slimming World brownies have it all – a rich, gooey centre, a crisp topping and amazing chocolatey flavours. Plus, this recipe fits perfectly into the Slimming World eating plan.
What makes Slimming World brownies extra special is their (not so) secret ingredient. As well as dates, raspberries and cocoa powder, we’ve added sweet potatoes to give our brownies the classic fudgy texture and natural sweetness that makes them a slimmer’s dream dessert or an indulgent-tasting afternoon snack.
The recipe is surprisingly simple to follow, too. Once you’ve steamed the sweet potatoes, just whizz all the ingredients together in a food processor, pop the mixture in the oven and wait for the dark, velvety magic to happen. If, like me, you prefer your brownies extra gooey, take them out of the oven a minute or two early and leave to cool in the tin. You’ll get perfect Slimming World brownies every time!
Slimming World brownies
ready in 1 hour, plus cooling time
4 Syns per brownie
What you need:
2 large sweet potatoes (about 500g), peeled and diced
100g plain porridge oats
3 level tbsp sweetener granules
1 medium egg
12 soft, pitted dates, roughly chopped
2 level tbsp low-fat spread
6 tbsp cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder, available in larger supermarkets)
½ level tsp icing sugar, to dust
What you do:
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4 and line the base and sides of an 18cm square loose-bottomed cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
2. Steam the sweet potatoes for 10 minutes or until tender. Leave to cool slightly.
(Top tip: If you don’t have a steamer, put your sweet potatoes in a colander, cover, then place over a saucepan of boiling water and steam over a high heat.)
3. Blitz the oats in a food processor until you have fine crumbs. Add the sweetener, egg, dates, spread, cocoa powder and sweet potatoes, season lightly with salt, then whizz to a thick, smooth paste. Pour into the cake tin, smooth the surface and poke in the raspberries, placing them so that each brownie will get 1 raspberry.
4. Bake for 35 minutes, then leave to cool in the tin.
5. Turn out onto a board, then peel away and discard the baking paper. Cut into 16 equal squares and dust evenly with icing sugar to serve.
MORE ON THE BLOG:
MORE FOR MEMBERS: Slimming World members have access to over 250 slimming-friendly dessert recipes, including cheesecakes, sundaes and our famous Weetabix cake.
Have you tried these Slimming World brownies? Let us know what you think of our recipe here or share on social using #theSlimmingWorldblog.