Small changes to Slimming World's Food Optimising plan from Christmas
A Slimming World spokesperson says: “Our Nutrition team routinely reviews our healthy eating plan in line with latest international guidance, and we’ve made a number of updates to Food Optimising for 2019. We’re excited about these changes and hope members will be too. As well as making our plan even more flexible and sustainable, they also ensure that we’re giving the most up-to-date health advice.
“All existing and new Slimming World members attending weekly groups between December 24th and January 13th will receive a free limited edition New Member Pack for our Golden Anniversary year. Inside, they’ll spot a few exciting changes, including:
- An additional Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice each day on the Extra Easy plan for even more calcium and choice (Healthy Extra choices are those foods that, alongside our famous Free Food, support an overall healthy balanced diet by providing calcium, fibre, other essential minerals and healthy oils)
- To boost calcium intake, there’s an increase in the amount of whole cow’s milk, to 200ml per day within the Healthy Extra ‘a’ allowance
- As more products are now available in the market, the overall average nutrition profile of rice and almond milk has changed, so Healthy Extra ‘a’ portions of these have decreased to 225ml and 400ml respectively
- Some products, including sweetened dairy-free milk, reduced-fat/light soft cheese and soft goat's cheese, are no longer classed as Healthy Extras
- Due to new nutrition information, a handful of Free Foods that were previously labelled as ‘P’ (or protein-rich), such as baked beans, broad beans, mung beans and all varieties of peas (except split peas), will no longer be marked in this way. However, these foods will still be Free meaning they can be enjoyed without weighing, counting or measuring
- And, to further boost their weight loss, members following the Extra Easy SP plan will be advised to enjoy a maximum of 10 Syns per day.
"This latest update, which follows changes announced in September, will be included in all Slimming World’s new member information from Christmas. Slimming World group members who’d like to learn more about the changes should speak to their Consultant and online members will be able to find an update at Slimming World Online."