Meet Slimming World's 2022 London Marathon Team
This incredibly inspiring and dedicated team of Slimming World members and Consultants will celebrate their weight loss achievements by running the 2022 TCS London Marathon on Sunday 2nd October 2022. They will be raising money for two incredible charities Cancer Research UK and the Irish Cancer Society through Slimming World's own charity SMILES.
- Consultant Bex Rossall has lost 5st 2lbs and lives in Salisbury. She runs her own Slimming World groups in Durrington and Tidworth.
- Married couple Tim and Ruth Mortlock have lost a collective 18st 13.5lbs with Slimming World and live in Basingstoke. They attend the Kempshott Slimming World group.
- Slimming World District Manager Sian Redman-Jama from Newport has lost more than 8st. She attends the Bedwas group in Caerphilly.
- Member Ben Stothard from Eastleigh has lost more than 2st. He attends the Priory Park, Bishops Waltham Slimming World group.
- Beth Stratford is a member from Liverpool. She’s lost 3st with the support of the Andrew’s Church Hall Slimming World group in Kirkby.
- Member Brodie Marks, works in the Field Support team at Slimming World Head Office. She’s lost an amazing 5st 4.5lbs with the support of her Selston Parish Hall, Selston group.
- Having lost over 3st 7lbs with Slimming World, Consultant Dawn Attwood, from Haverigg, now runs her own Slimming World groups at St Pius Hall and Furness Cricket Club in Barrow-In-Furness, and Millom Rugby League Club in Millom.
- Frank McLoughlin, a member from Clonshaugh, has lost 4st 7lbs and attends the Peacocks Bar and Restaurant Slimming World group in Swords, County Dublin.
- Member Ian Muncaster from Leyland has lost 7st 12½lbs and attends the James Church, Lostock Hall Slimming World group.
- Natalie White, from Littleborough is a member of the Littleborough Coach House Slimming World group. She’s lost 5st.
- Slimming World Consultant Rachel Falcus has lost more than 4 and a half stone with Slimming World. She runs her own groups at the Slimming World Hub at S V Rutter Business Centre in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
To sponsor the team, please visit their fundraising page here.
Slimming World was founded by Margaret Miles-Bramwell OBE in Derbyshire in 1969 and has become the UK and Ireland’s leading weight loss organisation with more people choosing to attend a Slimming World group each week than any other weight loss programme. We support hundreds of thousands of people, both in our groups and online, to lose weight and to adopt new habits to stay slim for life.
Over the years our founding principles haven’t changed:
· Our unique programme is based on a powerfully motivating support system called IMAGE (Individual Motivation and Group Experience) Therapy. Underpinned by a deep understanding of the psychology of overweight people, and incorporating the most effective sustainable behaviour change techniques, IMAGE Therapy is designed to inspire and motivate slimmers to make positive changes and to develop new, healthier habits around food and activity.
· Food Optimising is our healthy eating plan, based on the liberating concept of Free Food. We encourage our members to fill up on those foods that are naturally lower in energy density (calories per gram) and also highly satisfying while limiting foods that are highest in fat and sugar and are less satisfying, so they lose weight without ever feeling hungry or deprived and without having to weigh, measure or count everything they eat.
· Our activity programme, Body Magic helps members to overcome any barriers around activity. Members choose when to start and they set the pace, finding activities they genuinely enjoy, until regular physical activity becomes an intrinsic part of their daily routine.
At the heart of everything we do lies our passion for treating every member with genuine care, empathy and respect.
We’re proud to work with the NHS, the Office for Health Improvement and Disparities (OHID), The Royal College of Midwives and others to help shape the future of weight management in the UK and Ireland.
For more information about Slimming World’s approach visit slimmingworld.co.uk or slimmingworld.ie
Follow Slimming World on Twitter at twitter.com/slimmingworld or become a Slimming World fan on Facebook at facebook.com/slimmingworld
For the Press Office visit our newsroom or email firstname.lastname@example.org