Slimming World magazine editor scoops top award
Slimming World magazine has won a prestigious British Society of Magazine Editors (BSME) award, with magazine editor Sara Ward bagging the award for Editor of the Year in the Health and Fitness category just 20 months after joining the title.
Others shortlisted included Fit and Well, Healthy magazine and Healthy for Men. When describing Slimming World magazine, the judges said it was ‘uplifting, celebratory and energising’ and ‘expertly showcases how its readers have changed their lives for the better’.
Editor Sara Ward, who previously worked at Bauer, says: “Editing Slimming World magazine is a huge honour, so to pick up this award is just fantastic. All of the credit though has to go to our amazingly talented team and everyone at Slimming World who works to make Slimming World magazine such an inspirational and powerful read. 2017 has been a really strong year for us, so I can’t wait to see what 2018 brings. It definitely will include lots more real-life cover stars, delicious recipes and motivational features though, so we can’t wait to get started.”
Slimming World magazine is sold at a discounted price in Slimming World’s 16,000 weekly weight-loss groups, providing an additional layer of support to the organisation’s group members, and online members can receive the magazine as part of their web-based support package. Published seven times a year and produced at Slimming World’s head office in Derbyshire, it is also available to purchase on the newsstand.
The November/December 2018 issue of Slimming World magazine is available in Slimming World groups and on sale on newsstands now. The digital edition is available on the Apple App Store, Google Play and Amazon Kindle Fire.
Notes to Editors
- Slimming World magazine is the UK’s number one glossy magazine, produced and published by Slimming World, the UK’s most advanced weight management organisation. The editorial team is based at Slimming World’s Derbyshire headquarters.
- Slimming World magazine has a total print and digital circulation of 640,012, making it the UK’s third most actively purchased magazine.
- Slimming World magazine’s print circulation is 631,794. The digital edition has sales of 8,218.
- Slimming World magazine was named Customer Magazine of the Year at the 2016 Professional Publishers Association Awards.
- In 2016, Slimming World magazine was named Health Magazine of the Year at the British Health Journalism awards.
- Slimming World magazine was first published for members and sold in groups in 1998. It went on sale on newsstands a year later.
- Slimming World holds around 16,000 groups across the UK and Republic of Ireland. Members who are unable to attend a group can get Slimming World’s unique support online. To find out more visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk