Slimming World member fees for 2021
From January 2021, Slimming World will be introducing its first fee change in nearly 12 years, with all weekly fees increasing by £1 in the UK and €1 in Ireland.
The small increase, which comes into effect w/c 3rd January 2021, reflects the rise in costs – from venue rent to printing costs – to both Slimming World’s self-employed Consultants and the company itself over the past decade.
While we’re mindful of the timing of the fee change, coming after an incredibly challenging year for all of us, this will mean that we can continue to give members the very best service and invest in the latest technology and developments now and in the future, as well as ensure the continued viability of our groups.
From January, Slimming World weekly members’ fees in the UK and Ireland will be:
- Standard paying members - £5.95/€10
- Senior members - £5.65/€9.50
- 16-17 year old members and non-member parents (attending with an 11-15 year old Free2Go member) - £4.95/€8.50
The membership fee, paid only when a member joins a group, will remain unchanged at £10/€18.
In Cyprus, where Slimming World has a small number of groups, weekly fees will increase by €1.30 to €7.50, and the membership fee will remain at €12.50.
We believe the new weekly fees still represent great value for money.
We’ve been determined to keep our prices as low as possible for as long as possible – which is why member fees have remained unchanged for 11 years with our last increase in 2008. We believe the new weekly fees still represent great value for money as members will continue to receive an unbeatable package of membership, including:
- the support of a trained Slimming World Consultant and other slimmers in their weekly group
- access to more than 50 years of experience, expertise and science and Slimming World’s famous Food Optimising plan and behaviour change programme, which has already helped millions of people to lose weight and stay slim for life
- a member pack of books – all free on the first visit with nothing additional to buy or collect
- exclusive access to all the Slimming World publications, including recipe books and Slimming World Magazine at the special group price
- 24/7 access to Slimming World’s members-only website, LifelineOnline, with over 1,400 recipes, a weight-loss planner to plan and record food and activity, motivational articles and inspirational success stories
- the Slimming World members-only app, with the brand-new Slimming World barcode scanner
- plus, midweek inspiration from a group Facebook page. - ends -
Slimming World was founded by Margaret Miles-Bramwell (OBE, FRSA) in 1969. Members join local weekly groups or an online programme. Groups are run by a network of community-based Slimming World Consultants across the UK and Republic of Ireland. Consultants are trained in the role of diet and physical activity in weight management, as well as recognised behaviour-change techniques. Slimming World’s healthy eating plan, Food Optimising, is based on the science of energy density and satiety. Our phased activity programme, Body Magic, eases members into activity until it becomes an intrinsic part of their daily routine. Slimming World’s programme integrates practical, up-to-date advice with a highly-developed support system based on care and compassion, and Consultant training focuses on facilitating, encouraging and empowering members to make changes in a supportive, warm and friendly group environment. Consultant training is delivered through the Slimming World Academy. Slimming World also invests in a comprehensive research programme to develop its support for long-term weight management. The group support provided by Slimming World is recognised as effective by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) and the NHS.