Free magazine for Slimming World’s virtual group members
Slimming World is gifting all members of its new temporary virtual groups a free copy of the May/June issue of Slimming World Magazine to thank them for their continued commitment and to provide an extra motivational boost.
The magazine, which is also on sale on newsstands now, will be posted to any member who has joined Slimming World’s virtual service from 5th April and new and existing members who sign up, while stocks last.
Editor Sara Ward said: “We really wanted this free copy of the magazine to bring a little bit of joy to our members at this challenging time, and we’ve been delighted to see the excitement it has created – lots of people have already been in touch to tell us what a lift their ‘special delivery’ gave them. We know that Slimming World Magazine offers another level of inspiration and support to our slimmers, so this is just one way that we can show our appreciation and support to everyone who has joined us via our virtual service, and further remind them that Slimming World is still here for them.”
Launched in 1997, Slimming World Magazine features real-life success stories sourced from Slimming World members – including cover stars, a delicious food section, practical and emotional features, shopping and fashion pages.
The magazine is usually sold at a discounted price in Slimming World’s weekly groups, providing an additional layer of support and inspiration to the organisation’s 900,000 group members. It is also sold on newsstands and a digital edition is available. The May/June issue is available now, priced at £2.95.
– Ends –
For more information or to reprint any of the stories, recipes or images in the magazine, call Consumer PR Manager Lucy Fisher 07833 684131 or email email@example.com
Notes to Editors
- Some features in this issue were commissioned before social distancing measures were put in place.
- Slimming World employs stringent measures at its head office site to ensure magazines are distributed safely and in line with government guidance.
- Slimming World magazine is the UK’s best-selling slimming magazine, produced and published by Slimming World, the UK’s most advanced weight management organisation. The editorial team is based in-house at Slimming World’s Derbyshire headquarters.
- Slimming World magazine launched in 1997 with the aim of providing real-life inspiration for Slimming World’s thousands of members who purchased it in group. In 1999 it hit the newsstands.
- Slimming World magazine sells on the newsstand for £2.95 and to Slimming World members in the organisation’s 19,000 groups for a discounted price of £1.95.