Meet the 2019 Slimming World Marathon Team
This incredibly inspiring and dedicated team of Slimming World members and Consultants, who have lost more than 86 stone between them, will celebrate their weight loss achievements by running the 2019 London Marathon on Sunday 28th April 2019. They will be raising money for two incredible charities – Cancer Research UK and the Irish Cancer Society – through Slimming World’s own charity SMILES.
Meet our amazing team:
- Consultant Lynne McGrail lives in Kilmacud, Ireland, and has lost 6st 7.5lbs. She runs groups the Dundrum group.
- Member Gail Tennant lives in Airdrie, Scotland, and has lost 10st 3lbs. She attends the Airdrie group.
- Consultant Hayley Farnworth lives in Chorley, Lancashire and has lost 10st. She runs the Blackrod, Coppull and Chorley groups.
- Consultant Jodie Rigby-Mee lives in Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire. She has lost 6st and has remained at her Target weight for 13 years. She runs the Leamington and Bishops Itchington groups.
- Member Dan Woodgate lives in Thornaby, North Yorkshire has lost 8st. He attends the Ingleby Barwick group.
- Consultant Kirstie Goodwin lives in Birmingham and has lost 8st 7lbs. She runs the Solihull groups.
- Member Dann Sullivan lives in Solihull, West Midlands and has lost 5st 2lbs. He attends the Solihull group.
- Member Graham Old lives in Rugby, Warwickshire and has lost 7st 6lbs. He attends the Hillmorton group.
- Member Sarah Thompson lives in Wilmslow, Cheshire and has lost 7st. She attends the Altrincham group.
- Member Monique Hellel lives in Twickenham, London, has lost 5st 8.5lbs. She attends the Twickenham group.
- Member Damian Murray lives in Lytham, Lancashire, and has lost 12st 2lbs. He attends the Ansdell group.
To sponsor our incredible team visit: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/slimmingworld2019londonmarathon
About Slimming World
Slimming World was founded by Margaret Miles-Bramwell (OBE, FRSA) in 1969. There are now more than 19,000 weekly groups supporting 900,000 members across the UK and Republic of Ireland. Groups are run by a network of 5,500 community-based Slimming World Consultants, who receive specific training in the role of diet and physical activity in weight management, as well as sophisticated behaviour-change techniques. Slimming World’s healthy eating plan, Food Optimising, is based on the science of satiety and energy density. Our phased activity programme, Body Magic, eases members into activity until it becomes an intrinsic part of their daily routine. The principles behind Slimming World’s philosophy are based on a deep understanding of the challenges faced by overweight people and recognition that those who struggle with weight carry a double burden, the weight itself and a burden of guilt and shame about their weight. Slimming World’s programme integrates practical, up-to-date advice with a highly developed support system based on care and compassion, and Consultant training focuses on facilitating behaviour change in a warm and friendly group environment. Consultant training is delivered through the Slimming World Academy. Slimming World also invests in a comprehensive research programme to develop its support for long-term weight management. The group support provided by Slimming World is recognised as effective by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) and the NHS.
For more information about Slimming World’s approach visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk or call 0344 897 8000. Follow Slimming World on Twitter at www.twitter.com/slimmingworld or become a Slimming World fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/slimmingworld
For the Press Office please email email@example.com