With the lighter, brighter days of summer finally here, we all want to enjoy sunshine dinners packed with vibrant flavours – and we’ve got a gorgeous recipe from the July 2021 issue of Slimming World Magazine that’s sure to put a fresh twist on your meal plans.
Combining filling fusilli, ripe cherry tomatoes, juicy prawns and a cheeky chilli kick, this simple pasta dish is the perfect way to spice up supper time. Even better, there’s barely any prep needed and it’s ready in just 20 minutes, leaving you with plenty of time to enjoy those warm summer nights…
Prawn, tomato and chilli pasta
ready in 20 minutes
What you need:
400g dried fusilli pasta
low-calorie cooking spray
400g cherry tomatoes
400g cooked peeled king prawns
4 large garlic cloves, crushed
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
fresh basil, leaves roughly torn, to serve
What you do:
1. Cook the pasta for 2 minutes less than the pack instructions. Reserve 250ml of the cooking water, then drain.
2. Meanwhile, spray a large, non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes until beginning to soften. Add the prawns, garlic and chilli with a splash of water. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the prawns are piping hot.
3. Add the pasta and rocket to the tomatoes and prawns, with half the reserved pasta cooking water. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, or until the rocket is wilted and the sauce is light and glossy, adding more cooking water if needed. Season to taste with the lemon juice, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Divide the pasta between 4 bowls. Top with the basil and lemon zest to serve.
The latest issue of Slimming World Magazine is out now
This prawn pasta dish is just one of the delicious recipes you’ll find in the July 2021 issue of Slimming World Magazine – and there’s still time to get your hands on a copy. You can pick it up in Slimming World groups now, where you’ll pay our best-offer price of £1.95. The mag is also available from newsagents and supermarkets for £3.45 until 17th July.
Packed with tried-and-trusted recipes, expert advice and inspiring weight loss stories, the July 2021 edition of Slimming World Magazine is a great way to soak up extra slimming support in between your weekly groups. Here are a few highlights I found while I was flicking through…
- 7-day eating plan: Say hello to summer with a week’s worth of simple, slimming-friendly recipes, including a Bolognese pasta bake, roast chicken and pork kebabs.
- Real-life success: Sandie Francis’s 8st 8½lb weight loss has supercharged her self-esteem – and she’s treating herself to a stylish new wardrobe.
- Take on your slimming fears: Expert advice to help you slay the worry monsters standing in the way of your weight loss dreams.
- Food News: Pick of the best Food Optimising buys
MORE ON THE BLOG: