10 small changes that could make a big difference
A magic wand, an enchanted pill, a supernatural force to make our appetite mysteriously disappear. All easy ways to lose weight… and all as likely as finding that elusive pot of gold at the end of a rainbow!
Hundreds of thousands of people have found Slimming World an easy way to lose weight, with millions of stones and inches lost. Delicious food is well and truly on the menu (oh, yes, we love our food at Slimming World!). There isn’t a single food you can’t enjoy, or a food group you have to avoid. Tuck into fish and chips, Spaghetti Bolognese, chocolate cheesecake, bangers and mash – the list goes on!
These tips from Slimming World will help you lose weight this summer – and keep it off.
- Base your meals around satisfying low energy dense foods such as fruit and veg, pasta, rice, potatoes, pulses, eggs, fish, poultry and lean meat. These foods are naturally low in calories, satisfy your appetite and keep you fuller for longer.
- Swap oil or butter for low-calorie cooking spray.
- Choose whole fruits ahead of juice – they will fill you up and won’t overload you on the natural sugars found in fruit. It’s difficult to eat 8-10 oranges or apples in one go, but that’s usually how much fruit goes into one glass of juice.
- Swap sugar for sweetener.
- Dress salads with fat-free vinaigrette instead of calorie-laden dressings.
- Use skimmed or semi-skimmed milk instead of whole milk – you’ll still receive the calcium, but without the fat.
- At every meal, fill a third of your plate with vegetables. They're low energy dense foods and packed with vitamins and minerals, so as well as helping you to feel full without taking in a lot of calories, you’ll be getting all the nutrients you need.
- Eat foods that are in season. They’ll be full of flavour – and most likely cheaper, too!
- Take away your takeaways and home-cook low-fat versions of your favourite dishes to dial in. You’ll save £s as well as lbs, tightening your belt in more ways than one! Chicken tikka masala, fried rice, burger & chips – they’re all on the menu at Slimming World.
- Join your local Slimming World group – your fellow members will boost your weight loss when you’re doing well and pick you up if you have a difficult week. Also, it’s great fun and you’ll hear lots more tips and ideas for recipes, budget-busting shopping deals and how others are managing their weight and improving the health of their families!
Find your nearest group here and discover a host of inspiration and support.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.