Celebrate British Sandwich Week with a super sarnie
Whether you’re a cheese and onion fan or more of an egg and cress devotee, a good sandwich always goes down a treat.
The great thing about Food Optimising is that bread isn’t a ‘banned’ food (as it is with many other eating plans).
In fact, wholemeal bread is a Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice with Slimming World, helping to ensure you get your essential fibre every day.
As for fillings – how about these tasty Free or low-Syn ideas?
- Prawn mayo – juicy prawns with 1 level tbsp extra-light mayo (1 Syn) and a splash of Tabasco to spice it up a little.
- BLT – crispy grilled lean bacon, fresh lettuce and sweet sliced tomatoes; a sandwich fit for a king!
- Egg – sliced boiled egg with cress is an all-time classic.
- Steak – grilled lean steak, onions cooked in low-calorie cooking spray, rocket leaves and 1 level tbsp extra-light mayo (1 Syn).
- Ham and mustard – slices of lean cooked ham with 1 level tsp English mustard (½ Syn) for a tangy kick.
For lots more lunch ideas, visit our recipe section – and find your nearest group to enjoy this tasty way to lose weight!
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.