A tasty main meal for two with rice, or great as a curry side dish for four.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 200g potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 300g cauliflower, cut into medium-sized florets
- ½ heaped tsp onion seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- Put the onion, ginger, garlic, garam masala, ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, tomatoes, stock cube and 300ml boiling water in a large saucepan over a high heat. Stir well and bring to a simmer, then cover, reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the potatoes in a large roasting tin and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Season lightly, toss well and roast for 10 minutes. Add the cauliflower, spray with a little more low-calorie cooking spray and roast for another 10-15 minutes or until cooked.
- Whizz the onion mixture until smooth using a stick blender (or use a food processor and return to the pan). Gently stir in the onion seeds, coriander and roasted vegetables. Bring to a simmer, check the seasoning and serve.
Tip: You’ll find this dish available as part of the Slimming World food range in Iceland stores.