Video: Bacon and mushroom crustless quiche
Quick, tasty and super easy to make, this crustless quiche is a winner. It's great for lunch, or to pack up for a picnic on a day out.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 220g bacon, visible fat removed, chopped
- 110g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 large eggs
- 150g fat-free natural cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 80g reduced-fat Cheddar
- 3–4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Spray a frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the bacon and fry for a few minutes, then add the mushrooms, garlic and seasoning and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the mushrooms have softened. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Spoon the bacon mixture into a flan dish.
- Mix together the eggs, cottage cheese, parsley and Cheddar, then spoon over the bacon mixture.
- Top with the tomato halves and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until just set.
Tip: On an Extra Easy day, serve hot or cold with baby potatoes and a large salad. Vegetarians, swap bacon for Quorn ham pieces for extra flavour.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.