Our medium-hot curry is big, bold and beautifully tasty!
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 red chilli, left whole
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh root ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 400ml passata
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into small chunks
- 100g cherry tomatoes, left whole
- 80g baby spinach
- A small handful of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Put the chicken in a bowl and add the lime juice, curry powder and a twist of pepper. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 20 minutes, or overnight if you can.
- Spray a large wok or frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, chilli and cumin seeds, and stir-fry briefly just to colour and release their fragrance. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for 3-4 minutes, until the onion starts to colour lightly. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until sealed.
- Mix together the ground coriander, turmeric, cumin and garam masala;
add to the pan. Stir, lower the heat to medium and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the passata and 150ml water, then stir in the pepper. When
starting to bubble, lower the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Add the cherry tomatoes and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the spinach and coriander, turning once just to wilt. Season to taste and add a splash more water if required.
- Remove the cinnamon stick, cardamom pods and chilli. Serve with rice.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.