Our medium-hot curry is big, bold and beautifully tasty!
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 red chilli, left whole
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh root ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 400ml passata
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into small chunks
- 100g cherry tomatoes, left whole
- 80g baby spinach
- A small handful of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Put the chicken in a bowl and add the lime juice, curry powder and a twist of pepper. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 20 minutes, or overnight if you can.
- Spray a large wok or frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, chilli and cumin seeds, and stir-fry briefly just to colour and release their fragrance. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for 3-4 minutes, until the onion starts to colour lightly. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until sealed.
- Mix together the ground coriander, turmeric, cumin and garam masala;
add to the pan. Stir, lower the heat to medium and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the passata and 150ml water, then stir in the pepper. When
starting to bubble, lower the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Add the cherry tomatoes and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the spinach and coriander, turning once just to wilt. Season to taste and add a splash more water if required.
- Remove the cinnamon stick, cardamom pods and chilli. Serve with rice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.