Created in Britain in the 70s, the combination of banana and toffee has been thrilling pudding fans ever since. Our version uses toffee yogurt and fresh bananas to keep the Syns low!
- 10 reduced-fat digestive biscuits
- 5 level tbsp low-fat spread
- 2 x 12g sachets powdered gelatine
- 250g plain quark
- 3 x 175g pots Mullerlight Toffee yogurt
- 3 level tbsp sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites*
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
- Melted dark chocolate, to decorate (1½ Syns per level tsp), optional
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5 and line a 20cm springform tin with baking parchment.
- Place the biscuits in a polythene bag, finely crush with a rolling pin and tip into a bowl. Melt the spread and add to the biscuits. Stir to mix well, then spoon into the prepared tin and press evenly over the base. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Dissolve the gelatine in 5 tbsp boiling water.
- Whisk the quark in a bowl until smooth, then stir in the yogurt, sweetener and vanilla essence.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into the quark mixture with the gelatine liquid. Spoon over the prepared biscuit base, smoothing the top with a palette knife, and chill for around 5 hours or until set.
- Remove the pie from the tin and place on a serving plate. Arrange the banana slices neatly on top of the pie. If you would like to decorate the pie with melted chocolate, drizzle it evenly over the top, remembering to count 1½ Syns per level tsp. Cut the pie into 10 equal slices to serve.
Tip: *Current government guidelines advise that pregnant women, the elderly, babies and toddlers have eggs marked with the British Lion stamp if eating them raw or partially cooked.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.