This celebrated pie was created in Britain in the 1970s, and the combination of banana and toffee has been thrilling pudding fans ever since. Our version uses toffee yogurt and fresh bananas to keep the Syns ultra low!
- 60g low fat spread
- 10 reduced fat digestive biscuits
- 2 x 12g sachets powdered gelatine
- 250g quark
- 3 x 175g pots Muller Light Toffee yogurt (or any Free toffee yogurt)
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites*
- 2 bananas
- 2 level tsp cocoa powder, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/Fan 170°C/Gas 5 and line a 20cm springform tin with non-stick baking parchment.
- Melt the spread in a pan over a low heat
- Meanwhile, put the biscuits in a sealable food bag, bash into fine crumbs with a rolling pin and tip into a bowl. Pour in the melted spread, stir well and spoon the mixture into the prepared tin to cover the base, pressing down evenly. Bake for 12-15 minutes then set aside to cool.
- While the base is in the oven, dissolve the gelatine in 5 tablespoons of boiling water.
- Put the quark in a bowl and whisk until smooth, then whisk in the yogurt, sweetener, vanilla and gelatine liquid.
- Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until stiff peaks form and fold into the quark mixture.
- Spoon the quark mixture over the biscuit base and smooth the surface with a palette knife. Chill for 4 hours or until set.
- Release the pie from the tin and put the pie, still on its base if necessary, on a serving plate. Thinly slice the bananas and arrange neatly on top, then sprinkle with cocoa powder and slice to serve.
Tip: *Pregnant women, the elderly and babies are advised not to eat raw or partially cooked eggs.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group