If you're a fan of pulled pork then you'll love this slow-cooked bbq pulled gammon.
- 1.2kg boneless gammon joint, all visible fat removed
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 peppers (green, yellow and red), diced
- 1 carton of passata
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 6 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce/tamari
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener
- zest of 1 orange
- Place the gammon in a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil for 12 minutes before tipping the water away and repeating the process twice more with fresh water. This is to remove excessive saltiness in the gammon. Remove the gammon and place on a chopping board.
- Cover the bottom of the slow cooker with the sliced onions and diced peppers and sit the gammon on top. Add all of the other ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on medium for 5-6 hours. The gammon is ready when it falls apart when pulled with two forks.
- When it's ready, pull the entire gammon ensuring that the sauce is fully incorporated.