Beef and baked beans are always a great combination and with the addition of a sliced potato topping, this dish is comfort food at its best.
- 750g lean stewing beef, all visible fat removed, cubed
- 2 large onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 level tbsp plain flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300ml boiling hot beef stock
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 400g can baked beans
- 2 bay leaves
- 600g potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4.
- Place the beef, onions, carrots and flour in a baking dish, season and toss to mix well.
- Pour in the boiling hot stock then add the Worcestershire sauce, baked beans and bay leaves. Stir to mix well and arrange the sliced potatoes on top of the meat mixture.
- Cover with foil then place in the oven for 2½-3 hours or until the potatoes are cooked and tender.
- Remove the foil, then turn the oven up to brown the potatoes, or finish under the grill for 5-8 minutes until brown.
Tip: * Suitable for freezing
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.