This ‘fakeaway’ version of the Indian favourite is packed with Speed Free Food veggies (super for speeding up your weight loss!).
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 500g lean rump steak
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp madras curry powder
- 2 level tbsp tomato puree
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 250g mushrooms, halved
- 275ml beef stock
- 200g dried basmati rice
- 150g fat-free natural yogurt
- Chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- Spray a saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes. Cut the steak into strips, add to the pan with the red peppers and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the curry powder and tomato puree and mix well.
- Peel and chop the squash and stir into the pan with the mushrooms. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet instructions and drain.
- Serve the curry drizzled with yogurt and scattered with coriander, with rice on the side.
Tip: The curry is freezer-friendly, without the rice.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.