A fiery curry packed with tender beef chunks, carrots and green beans.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 30g fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 4 tsp garam masala
- 2½ tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 beef stock cube, crumbled
- 200g carrots, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 200g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 200g green beans, each cut into 3 pieces
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 500g lean beef sirloin steak, visible fat removed, cut into bite-size chunks
- Put the onions, ginger, garlic, spices, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, stock cube and 500ml boiling water in a large saucepan over a high heat. Bring to a simmer then reduce the heat to low, cover and cook gently for 25 minutes. Whizz until smooth with a stick blender (or use a food processor and return to the pan).
- Add the carrots, cover and simmer for 10 minutes before stirring in the cauliflower and green beans and cooking for a further 20 minutes, still covered.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Fry the beef in batches for 2-3minutes or until cooked to your liking, turning halfway
- Stir the beef into the curry, season to taste and serve with rice and Speed vegetables.
Tip: You’ll find this dish available as part of the Slimming World food range in Iceland stores.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.