A mouth-watering, meaty quarter pounder flavoured with a delicious blend of spices and seasoning.
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded, and finely chopped
- Preheat the grill to medium
- Grind the garlic, mustard seeds and salt to a paste using a pestle and mortar (or the end of a rolling pin).
- Put the garlic paste in a large bowl along with the beef, onion, pepper, tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce and chilli. Mix well with your hands, divide the mixture into four portions and shape each one into a patty.
- Put the burgers on to the grill pan and grill at the furthest point from the heat for 20 minutes or until cooked through, turning halfway. Reduce the heat if the burgers are cooking too quickly.
- These burgers are delicious served in wholemeal rolls with lots of salad and a little fat free natural yogurt.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.