Our Food Optimised version of the much-loved Italian pasta dish is destined to be a dinner time regular in your home.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 700g jar passata
- 8 tbsp tomato purée
- 250ml beef stock
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g dried conchiglioni
- A handful of fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 200g mozzarella, cubed
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Place a large frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a high heat. Add the onion, celery, carrot, garlic, chestnut mushrooms and beef mince and stir-fry for 6-7 minutes.
- Add the passata, tomato purée, stock, and dried herbs and bring to the boil. Season well, reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the conchiglioni according to the packet instructions, then drain.
- Remove the ragù from the heat and stir in the basil. Spoon half the sauce into a medium baking dish, spread out evenly, then top with the pasta. Spoon over the remaining sauce and scatter over the mozzarella. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until bubbling, and serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.