Our mighty, meaty burger meal will satisfy the biggest appetites.
- 900g baking potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 2 medium eggs, separated
- ½ tsp dried red chilli flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 small red onion sliced into thin rings, rocket leaves and 4 level tbsp tomato ketchup, to serve
For the coleslaw
- 200g white cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 small dessert apple , left unpeeled, cored and coarsely grated
- 3 tbsp fat-free natural yogurt
- 1 level tbsp extra-light mayonnaise
- A small handful of spring onions, green, tips only, roughly chopped to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas 7. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Parboil the wedges for 6-8 minutes until just tender. Drain well and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Lightly beat the egg whites in large bowl with half the chilli flakes, until frothy but still transparent. Season, add the wedges and toss to coat well. Transfer the coated wedges to the baking tray in a single layer. Sprinkle over the paprika and spray with low calorie cooking spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning once after 10 minutes and spraying with more low calorie cooking spray if needed.
- Mix together the beef mince, egg yolks and remaining chilli flakes. Season well and divide the mixture into 4 portions. Using your hands, shape each portion into a burger. Place a frying pan sprayed with low calorie oil spray over a medium-high heat and cook the burgers for 5-7 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- To make the coleslaw, put the cabbage, carrot and apple in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the yogurt and mayonnaise, then stir into the cabbage mixture. Season and garnish with the spring onions.
Tip: Great for kids! For a milder version, simply leave out the chilli flakes from both the wedges and burgers.
Burgers are suitable to freeze
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.