For this show-stopping supper we’ve stuffed pasta tubes with a mouth watering ricotta mixture and baked them with a temptingly creamy topping.
- 4 large heads of broccoli (about 350g each)
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g canned chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 level tsp sweetener granules
- 12 dried lasagne sheets
- 120g ricotta cheese
- 130g low-fat natural cottage cheese
- Finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 medium egg yolk, plus 2 beaten medium eggs
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- 500g fat-free natural Greek yogurt
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1½ level tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese or vegetarian alternative
- Cut all the florets from the broccoli heads – you should get about 1kg. Put the florets into a food processor and pulse into rice-sized pieces.(Don’t waste the stalks: peel, cut into batons, boil and serve as a side vegetable.)
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the broccoli, 2 tbsp water and some seasoning and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until tender. Tip into a mixing bowl and leave to cool.
- For the tomato sauce, spray a non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat. Add the onion, garlic and 2 tbsp water, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until soft. Uncover the pan, add the tomatoes, vinegar and sweetener and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until reduced and thickened. Season to taste and spoon into a large shallow baking dish (about 24cm x 30cm).
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over a high heat. Drop in the lasagne sheets, one at a time, and cook for 10-12 minutes or until just tender. Drain and run under cold water until cool enough to handle, then separate the sheets and lay them out side by side on a large sheet of cling film. Cover with another sheet of cling film.
- Stir the ricotta, cottage cheese, lemon zest and egg yolk into the cooked broccoli and add a little seasoning. Uncover the lasagne sheets and divide the broccoli filling between each one. Roll them up tightly and lay them side by side, seam-side down, on top of the tomato sauce.
- Mix the cornflour and a little of the yogurt into a paste then stir in the remaining yogurt, beaten eggs, nutmeg and a little seasoning. Spoon it on top of the cannelloni and sprinkle over the Parmesan. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and bubbling and serve with Speed vegetables.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.