This glorious pasta bake brings together cauliflower cheese and mac ’n’ cheese, and we’ve thrown in juicy gammon bits for good measure!
- ½ butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 cauliflower, broken into florets
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- ½ tsp Cajun seasoning
- 200g dried macaroni or other small pasta shapes
- 1 large lean gammon steak, visible fat removed
- 150ml boiling vegetable stock
- 8 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 400g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 80g reduced-fat Cheddar, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Arrange the squash, garlic and cauliflower in a single layer on a non-stick baking tray and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Sprinkle over the thyme and Cajun seasoning and roast for 30 minutes or until softened and beginning to brown.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, then drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, spray a non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Fry the gammon for 3-4 minutes on each side, then dice and set aside.
- Increase the oven temperature to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7 and spray a large non-stick ovenproof dish with low-calorie cooking spray. Pick out and set aside the garlic cloves, then tip the roasted vegetables and pasta into the ovenproof dish and toss together. Pour over the stock and sprinkle over the spring onions and diced gammon.
- Pop the garlic cloves from their papery skins into a bowl and mash the flesh with a fork. Add the fromage frais, mustard powder, Cheddar and eggs, season to taste and whisk well. Pour the mixture all over the roasted vegetables and pasta. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Serve hot with a crisp green salad.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group