These cute cherry cheesecakes sure hit the sweet spot!
- 1½ level tsp arrowroot
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- 250g cherries, stoned and destalked, plus whole cherries to decorate
- 5 amaretti biscuits, roughly crushed
- 300g quark
- 200g fat free natural Greek yogurt
- 4 whole almonds roughly chopped
- Measure out 100ml of water and mix 1 tablespoon with the arrowroot to form a paste. Set aside
- Put the rest of the water in a small pan with the orange juice and 1 teaspoon of sweetener. Bring to the boil over a high heat then stir in the arrowroot paste until thickened. Return to the boil, add the cherries and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the cherries have softened slightly. Set aside to cool.
- Divide the amaretti biscuits between four 200ml jars or dessert glasses and spoon a few cherries and some of the syrup into each one.
- Put 250g of quark, the yogurt and the remaining sweetener into a bowl and whisk until smooth. Stir in most of the cherries and the syrup, divide between the jars or glasses and smooth the tops. Chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dry-fry the almonds in a pan over a high heat for 1-2 minutes or until just golden.
- Top the jars or glasses with a dollop of the remaining quark and spoon over the remaining cherries and syrup. Scatter over the almonds and decorate with whole cherries to serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group