These cute cherry cheesecakes sure hit the sweet spot!
- 1½ level tsp arrowroot
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- 250g cherries, stoned and destalked, plus whole cherries to decorate
- 5 amaretti biscuits, roughly crushed
- 300g quark
- 200g fat free natural Greek yogurt
- 4 whole almonds roughly chopped
- Measure out 100ml of water and mix 1 tablespoon with the arrowroot to form a paste. Set aside
- Put the rest of the water in a small pan with the orange juice and 1 teaspoon of sweetener. Bring to the boil over a high heat then stir in the arrowroot paste until thickened. Return to the boil, add the cherries and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the cherries have softened slightly. Set aside to cool.
- Divide the amaretti biscuits between four 200ml jars or dessert glasses and spoon a few cherries and some of the syrup into each one.
- Put 250g of quark, the yogurt and the remaining sweetener into a bowl and whisk until smooth. Stir in most of the cherries and the syrup, divide between the jars or glasses and smooth the tops. Chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dry-fry the almonds in a pan over a high heat for 1-2 minutes or until just golden.
- Top the jars or glasses with a dollop of the remaining quark and spoon over the remaining cherries and syrup. Scatter over the almonds and decorate with whole cherries to serve.