Soothe your soul with this satisfying soup.
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 1 celery stick, roughly chopped
- 200g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 large floury potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 litre boiling chicken stock
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 150g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into small chunks
- Put everything except the carrot, broccoli and chicken into a large saucepan and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and rosemary sprig and whizz until smooth using a stick blender (or use a food processor or liquidiser and return the soup to the pan).
- Add the carrot and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the broccoli and chicken and cook for another 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Season lightly and serve hot.
Tip: You'll find this soup available as part of the Slimming World food range in Iceland stores.