Chicken, red peppers and petals of slow-roasted onion in a delicious curry sauce.
- 3 large onions, 1 roughly chopped, 2 cut into 8 wedges each
- 40g fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 heaped tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp Schwartz medium curry powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 800g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 large bottled roasted red peppers in brine, cut into small chunks
- 1 heaped tsp black onion seeds
- ½ small pack fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- Put the roughly chopped onion, ginger, garlic, spices, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, stock cube and 400ml boiling water in a large saucepan over a high heat. Bring to a simmer then reduce the heat to low, cover and cook gently for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the onion wedges in a large non-stick roasting tin, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and toss well. Roast for 15 minutes, turning halfway.
- Whizz the tomato mixture until smooth using a stick blender (or use a food processor and return to the pan). Add the chicken, peppers, onion seeds and roasted onions, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir through the coriander, season lightly and serve with rice and Speed vegetables.
Tip: You’ll find this dish available as part of the Slimming World food range in Iceland stores.