Gavin Coulson sent us his tried, tested and loved soup recipe: "This hearty, warming soup will leave you feeling satisfied, with a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Syn-free soup, like this one, is a great lunchtime feast for me during my busy working day."
- 1.5 litres chicken stock
- 2 large skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 700g celeriac, cut into chunks
- 500g sweetcorn
- 2cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the chicken in a large saucepan and add the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and replace it with the chopped onion, celeriac, sweetcorn and ginger. Bring back to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until tender. Meanwhile, shred the cooked chicken.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor and process for a few seconds until smooth. Season to taste.
- Return the soup to the pan, add the shredded chicken, reheat the soup, if necessary, before serving topped with freshly ground black pepper and chopped chives.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.