Tender chicken in an aromatic oriental-inspired sauce with noodles and vegetables
- 200g dried medium egg noodles
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 500g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- Bunch of spring onions, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 250g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 225g can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 225g can whole water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 25g root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 150g fresh bean sprouts, rinsed
- ¼ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- ½ chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice vinegar
- Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick wok or frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the chicken, stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, then transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Spray the wok with more low-calorie cooking spray and add the spring onions, carrot, broccoli, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, onion and a little water. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add the chilli, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the wok and add the cooked noodles, bean sprouts and five-spice powder. Stir-fry for 30 seconds before adding 200ml water, the stock cube, soy sauce and vinegar and cook for 3 minutes or until everything is piping hot and the chicken is cooked through.
Tip: Serve with your favourite speed veggies.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.