Tender chicken in an aromatic oriental-inspired sauce with noodles and vegetables
- 200g dried medium egg noodles
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 500g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- Bunch of spring onions, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 250g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 225g can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 225g can whole water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 25g root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 150g fresh bean sprouts, rinsed
- ¼ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- ½ chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice vinegar
- Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick wok or frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the chicken, stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, then transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Spray the wok with more low-calorie cooking spray and add the spring onions, carrot, broccoli, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, onion and a little water. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add the chilli, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the wok and add the cooked noodles, bean sprouts and five-spice powder. Stir-fry for 30 seconds before adding 200ml water, the stock cube, soy sauce and vinegar and cook for 3 minutes or until everything is piping hot and the chicken is cooked through.
Tip: Serve with your favourite speed veggies.