Our fabulously Free take on the curry-house favourite
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 750g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into thin strips
- 2 each of red and yellow peppers, deseeded and thickly sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g passata
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 350g dried basmati rice, to serve
- A small handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped, to garnish
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced, to garnish
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Spray a large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Stir-fry the onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes, or until softened.
- Mix the turmeric and chilli powder together in a large bowl, add the chicken and toss well. Transfer the chicken to the pan and lightly brown for 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in the peppers, tomatoes, passata and dried spices. Cover
and simmer gently for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally and
adding a tablespoon of water if the mixture appears too dry.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions and drain well. Spoon the jalfrezi into serving bowls and sprinkle over the coriander and chilli. Serve with the rice and lime wedges.
Tip: Replace the rice for lots of Speed veggies if you're on an Extra Easy SP day.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.