This one-pot favourite is filled with flavour and just right for family mealtimes.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 450g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-size chunks
- 6 syn-free Slimming World sausages, sliced
- 1 red, 1 green and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 courgettes, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 250g long grain rice
- 450ml chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat a large pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray. Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes to soften. Stir in the chicken and sausages and carry on cooking over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the peppers, courgettes, thyme, lemon zest, chopped tomatoes, rice and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and season to taste. Leave the jambalaya in the pan for a few minutes to soak up any remaining liquid. Serve sprinkled with some freshly chopped parsley.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.