This milder Indian dish is gently warming with a delicious sweetness.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp crushed cardamom seeds, ¼ tsp crushed cloves and 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tbsp each of ground coriander and ground cumin and 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 3 tsp peeled and finely grated ginger and 3 tsp peeled and finely crushed garlic
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- 1kg skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 200ml chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tbsp fat free natural fromage frais
- Freshly chopped mint, to garnish
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the bay leaves, cinnamon stick, cardamom seeds, cloves, cumin seeds and onion and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the ground coriander and cumin, curry powder, ginger, garlic and tomatoes and stir-fry for another 3-4 minutes
- Put the chicken into the pan and pour over the stock. Bring to the boil, season well, cover tightly, reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer gently for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the fromage frais. Serve immediately garnished with chopped mint.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group