Last month we teamed up with the happy egg co. and asked you to send us your favourite Free quiche recipe. Shirlene Hodgins from Lincoln sent us this egg-cellent chicken and Mediterranean vegetable recipe, bursting with sunshine flavours.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 chicken breast, chopped into small chunks
- ½ courgette, diced
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- ½ yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 happy egg.co eggs
- 100g of fat free cottage cheese
- 50g of quark
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped and deseeded
- Lettuce and tomato salad, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/fan 170°F/gas 5. Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes. Then add the courgette, peppers, onions and cook for a further 10 minutes, until the chicken is browned. Transfer to a wide bowl and set aside.
- Beat the eggs with the cottage cheese, quark, mustard powder, thyme and oregano. Season well.
- Spread a round, ceramic deep pie dish (about 30cm across) with the tomato puree, add the tomatoes and season.
- Put the chicken, peppers, courgettes and onions in the prepared dish and pour over the egg mixture. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until almost set.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.