Last month we teamed up with the happy egg co. and asked you to send us your favourite Free quiche recipe. Shirlene Hodgins from Lincoln sent us this egg-cellent chicken and Mediterranean vegetable recipe, bursting with sunshine flavours.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 chicken breast, chopped into small chunks
- ½ courgette, diced
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- ½ yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 happy egg.co eggs
- 100g of fat free cottage cheese
- 50g of quark
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped and deseeded
- Lettuce and tomato salad, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/fan 170°F/gas 5. Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes. Then add the courgette, peppers, onions and cook for a further 10 minutes, until the chicken is browned. Transfer to a wide bowl and set aside.
- Beat the eggs with the cottage cheese, quark, mustard powder, thyme and oregano. Season well.
- Spread a round, ceramic deep pie dish (about 30cm across) with the tomato puree, add the tomatoes and season.
- Put the chicken, peppers, courgettes and onions in the prepared dish and pour over the egg mixture. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until almost set.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.