A tender butterflied chicken breast topped with a rich tomato and herb sauce with whole baby plum tomatoes
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Half a teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 heaped tsp chopped fresh oregano
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh basil
- 200g baby plum tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- First 'butterfly' the chicken breasts. Rest your hand on top of one breast and cut into the side, slicing almost all the way through to the other side. Open up the breast like a butterfly, cover with cling film and bash with a rolling pin to flatten. Repeat with the other three breasts.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat, spray with low calorie cooking spray and cook the butterflied breasts for 5-7 minutes each side or until cooked through (you might need to do this in batches). Set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and fry the onion for 5 minutes, adding a little water if it starts to stick. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the remaining ingredients plus 100ml of water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the chicken and any cooking juices to the sauce. Cook for a further 2 minutes and season to taste.
- Divide the chicken breasts between plates, spoon over the sauce and serve hot with your favourite vegetables.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.