Chicken, bacon and mushrooms make a fab filling feast in this healthy version of the classic French dish.
- 1 480g large onion, finely chopped
- 300g button mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, thickly sliced
- 4 back bacon rashers, visible fat removed, roughly chopped
- 100g quark
- 100ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Spray a medium non-stick frying plan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a low-medium heat. Add the onions and garlic granules and fry for 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add the chicken, bacon and mushrooms and cook for a further 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl add the quark, chicken stock, mustard powder and salt and pepper. Mix really well until it makes a thick sauce.
- Pour the sauce into the frying pan, stir really well and simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with your favourite vegetables.
Tip: For an Extra Easy SP meal, enjoy with at least ½ plate of Speed food veggies. For this meal we're tucking into butternut squash mash, green beans and roasted vine tomatoes.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.