Chicken, bacon and mushrooms make a fab filling feast in this healthy version of the classic French dish.
- 1 480g large onion, finely chopped
- 300g button mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, thickly sliced
- 4 back bacon rashers, visible fat removed, roughly chopped
- 100g quark
- 100ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Spray a medium non-stick frying plan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a low-medium heat. Add the onions and garlic granules and fry for 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add the chicken, bacon and mushrooms and cook for a further 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl add the quark, chicken stock, mustard powder and salt and pepper. Mix really well until it makes a thick sauce.
- Pour the sauce into the frying pan, stir really well and simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with your favourite vegetables.
Tip: For an Extra Easy SP meal, enjoy with at least ½ plate of Speed food veggies. For this meal we're tucking into butternut squash mash, green beans and roasted vine tomatoes.