A Free® feast of marinated chunks of chicken breast in a tantalisingly spicy onion and red pepper tikka sauce.
- low calorie cooking spray
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 30g root ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- A quarter to a half a teaspoon of hot chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp tandoori curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 150g passata
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 700g skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 100g fat free natural yogurt
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onions and pepper and cook for 10 minutes, adding a little water if needed.
- Stir in the ginger and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, then add all the spices, passata, tomato puree and 500ml of boiling water. Bring to the boil over a high heat then turn the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. If the sauce is too thick add boiling water to achieve the desired consistency.
- Take the pan of the heat and stir in the yogurt. Season to taste, scatter over the coriander and serve hot with your favourite rice and vegetables.
Tip: If time is short try the Slimming World Spicy Tikka Masala sauce. It's a great go-to for curries.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.