A Free® feast of marinated chunks of chicken breast in a tantalisingly spicy onion and red pepper tikka sauce.
- low calorie cooking spray
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 30g root ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- A quarter to a half a teaspoon of hot chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp tandoori curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 150g passata
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 700g skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 100g fat free natural yogurt
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onions and pepper and cook for 10 minutes, adding a little water if needed.
- Stir in the ginger and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, then add all the spices, passata, tomato puree and 500ml of boiling water. Bring to the boil over a high heat then turn the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. If the sauce is too thick add boiling water to achieve the desired consistency.
- Take the pan of the heat and stir in the yogurt. Season to taste, scatter over the coriander and serve hot with your favourite rice and vegetables.
Tip: If time is short try the Slimming World Spicy Tikka Masala sauce. It's a great go-to for curries.