A curry house classic, packed with marinated chicken and juicy peppers in an aromatic sauce.
- 1 large bottled roasted red pepper in brine, drained
- 2 medium onions, 1 roughly chopped and 1 sliced
- 30g root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 small yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 tsp hot curry powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 230g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 700g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 10g fresh coriander, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tsp sweetener (optional)
- Put the roasted red pepper, roughly chopped onion, ginger and garlic in a food processor and whizz until puréed.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the sliced onion and the red and yellow peppers and fry for 5 minutes, adding a little water if needed.
- Add the roasted pepper purée to the pan along with the curry powder, garam masala, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, stock cube and 350ml boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir through the coriander, season to taste and add a little sweetener, if using. Serve hot with rice and your favourite vegetables.