This fiery chilli and cauliflower rice is perfect if you're enjoying Extra Easy SP.
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper or paprika
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into small bite-sized pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g can red kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 2 cauliflowers, broken into florets
- Coriander sprigs, to garnish (optional)
- Chunky salad (cucumber, red onion and tomato), to serve
- Place a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the cayenne pepper or paprika, cinnamon, cumin and beef mince and stir fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and peppers and bring to the boil. Season well, cover tightly and cook over a low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the beans, stir to mix well and return to the heat for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the florets in a food processor in batches. If you haven’t got a food processor, grating the cauliflower works just as well.
- Pop the finely chopped cauliflower in a microwaveable dish, cover with cling film and cook for 3 minutes. Fluff the cauliflower up with a fork and serve.
- Remove the chilli from the heat and serve in warmed bowls with the rice. Garnish with the coriander, if using, and serve with the chunky salad.
Tip: The chilli can be frozen without the rice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.