This fiery chilli and cauliflower rice is perfect if you're enjoying Extra Easy SP.
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper or paprika
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into small bite-sized pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g can red kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 2 cauliflowers, broken into florets
- Coriander sprigs, to garnish (optional)
- Chunky salad (cucumber, red onion and tomato), to serve
- Place a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the cayenne pepper or paprika, cinnamon, cumin and beef mince and stir fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and peppers and bring to the boil. Season well, cover tightly and cook over a low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the beans, stir to mix well and return to the heat for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the florets in a food processor in batches. If you haven’t got a food processor, grating the cauliflower works just as well.
- Pop the finely chopped cauliflower in a microwaveable dish, cover with cling film and cook for 3 minutes. Fluff the cauliflower up with a fork and serve.
- Remove the chilli from the heat and serve in warmed bowls with the rice. Garnish with the coriander, if using, and serve with the chunky salad.
Tip: The chilli can be frozen without the rice.