This classic chilli con carne is a quick and easy recipe that's bursting with fiery flavours that the family will love.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 fresh chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 level tbsp tomato purée
- 300ml beef stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 200g can red kidney beans
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Spray a large saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and fry the onions gently over a low heat for 6-8 minutes, until softened and golden. Add the mince and stir fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chillies and all the spices and continue frying, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, tomato purée and stock. Stir well and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes, until the liquid is slightly reduced.
- Season with salt and pepper and the drained kidney beans. Heat through gently for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with chopped coriander leaves.
Tip: Serve on a bed of boiled rice.
For an Extra Easy SP day swap your rice for at least half of your plate with delicious Speed vegetables, of your choice.