This classic chilli con carne is a quick and easy recipe that's bursting with fiery flavours that the family will love.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 fresh chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 level tbsp tomato purée
- 300ml beef stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 200g can red kidney beans
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Spray a large saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and fry the onions gently over a low heat for 6-8 minutes, until softened and golden. Add the mince and stir fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chillies and all the spices and continue frying, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, tomato purée and stock. Stir well and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes, until the liquid is slightly reduced.
- Season with salt and pepper and the drained kidney beans. Heat through gently for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with chopped coriander leaves.
Tip: Serve on a bed of boiled rice.
For an Extra Easy SP day swap your rice for at least half of your plate with delicious Speed vegetables, of your choice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.