Burgers for supper means smiles all round - the whole family will love these bean-packed veggie versions.
- 400g can haricot or cannellini beans, drained
- 400g can kidney beans, drained
- 1 small onion or shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- Bunch of spring onions, trimmed and roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 6 tbsp fat-free natural Greek yogurt
- 2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Place the beans, onion, garlic, chilli, red pepper and half the spring onions into a food processor and whizz to chop roughly. Transfer to a bowl, season to taste and stir in the beaten egg. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into burgers. Place on a baking tray sprayed lightly with low-calorie cooking spray and chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and toss with the Cajun seasoning, then arrange on a baking tray, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- When the wedges have been cooking for about 10 minutes, put the burgers on the oven shelf below the wedges and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, mix the yogurt, tomatoes and remaining spring onions in a bowl and season to taste.
- Serve the bean burgers with the wedges, chunky sauce and your favourite salad.
Tip: Cajun seasoning is a ready-mixed dried blend of cumin, coriander, paprika, salt, pepper and oregano, but if you can't find it, a sprinkling of salt, pepper and mild chilli powder will make your wedges taste fantastic.