Burgers with bite – brilliant for a filling midweek dinner.
- 400g can haricot or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion or shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- Bunch of spring onions, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tsp dried Cajun seasoning
- 6 tbsp fat-free natural Greek-style yogurt
- 2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Place the beans, onion, garlic, chilli, red pepper and half the spring onions into a food processor and whizz to chop roughly. Transfer to a bowl, season lightly and stir in the beaten egg. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into burgers. Spray a baking tray with low-calorie cooking spray, place the burgers on the tray and chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Cut the potatoes into wedges and toss with the Cajun seasoning, then arrange on a baking tray, spray lightly with low-calorie cooking spray and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- When the wedges have been cooking for about 10 minutes, put the burgers on the oven shelf below them and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, mix the yogurt, tomatoes and remaining spring onions in a bowl and season lightly.
- Serve the bean burgers with the wedges, chunky sauce and your favourite salad.
Tip: Cajun seasoning is a ready-mixed dried blend of cumin, coriander, paprika, salt, pepper and oregano, but if you can't find it, a sprinkling of salt, pepper and mild chilli powder will make your wedges taste fantastic.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.