A hearty one-pot dish of meltingly tender root vegetables cooked in a tomato-based stock.
- 1 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 celery sticks, roughly sliced
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 turnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 60g yellow split peas
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 300g small button mushrooms
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Place the onion and celery and half of the stock in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining stock along with the garlic, turnips, carrots, parsnips and potatoes. Bring back to the boil and add the split peas, tomatoes, mushrooms and rosemary.
- Bring the mixture back to boil once again, reduce the heat, season well and simmer gently 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle over the chopped parsley, if using, and serve immediately.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.