Hearty minced beef with onions, carrots and celery topped with tasty mashed potato, carrot and parsnip
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the topping
- 4 large carrots (about 450g) peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 medium parsnips, finely chopped
- Spray a large saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and fry the onion, carrot and celery over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook for a further 5 minutes until browned. Stir in 350ml water and the remaining filling ingredients. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Remove the bay leaves and season to taste.
- While the filling is cooking bring the topping vegetables to the boil in a pan of lightly salted water then simmer over a low heat for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain, mash and season.
- Tip the filling into an ovenproof dish, top with the mash and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group