This farmhouse family favourite has been given a Slimming World make-over and tastes just fab.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 300g chopped kale
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g passata
- 6 tbsp tomato purée
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1kg potatoes
- 200g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 160g reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Boil the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted water for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add the fromage frais, mash until smooth and set aside.
- Spray another pan with low calorie cooking spray, add the onion and garlic, fry for 5 minutes. Add the minced beef and cook for a few minutes until the beef is brown.
- Stir in the kale, chopped tomatoes, passata, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce and herbs. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Spoon the beef mixture into an oven proof dish and spread the mash over the top and sprinkle with cheese. Place into a hot oven for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Serve with lots of vegetables of your choice.