This hearty pie is a firm family favourite!
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, thinly sliced
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g passata
- 300ml beef stock
- 200g baked beans
- 220g can red kidney, drained and rinsed
- 200g can sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 2 level tsp cornflour mixed with 1 tbsp cold water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 950g floury potatoes, such as Desiree or King Edward, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- Spray a frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Fry the onion, celery and mince for 6-8 minutes. Add the paprika, chilli flakes and garlic and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in the passata and stock and bring to a gentle simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the beans, sweetcorn kernels and cornflour mixture, season and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas 7. Boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes. Drain, return to the pan, then mash with the beaten egg and season.
- Spoon the mince mixture into a pie dish and top with mash. Spray with low-calorie cooking spray and garnish with the dried parsley. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden. Divide the pie between 4 plates.
Tip: Serve with your favourite Speed vegetables.