This hearty pie is a firm family favourite!
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, thinly sliced
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g passata
- 300ml beef stock
- 200g baked beans
- 220g can red kidney, drained and rinsed
- 200g can sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 2 level tsp cornflour mixed with 1 tbsp cold water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 950g floury potatoes, such as Desiree or King Edward, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- Spray a frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Fry the onion, celery and mince for 6-8 minutes. Add the paprika, chilli flakes and garlic and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in the passata and stock and bring to a gentle simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the beans, sweetcorn kernels and cornflour mixture, season and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas 7. Boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes. Drain, return to the pan, then mash with the beaten egg and season.
- Spoon the mince mixture into a pie dish and top with mash. Spray with low-calorie cooking spray and garnish with the dried parsley. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden. Divide the pie between 4 plates.
Tip: Serve with your favourite Speed vegetables.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.